Sunday 16 May 2010

Moody Mummy

Do you ever have days when you feel like a negative, moody mummy?  I have been having a whole weekend of that, I feel like I have spent the whole of the weekend telling smurf 'No" or "don't do that' or 'come here'.  I can hear myself but cant stop the words coming out of my mouth, and then end up feeling really bad that I am being so negative about everything he wants to do.

I know that some of the things I seemed to be telling him off for were for his own good, either because he was going to hurt himself or be in danger, but I dislike being that way and I don't want him to think I am always on his case.

One of the things that I have found myself telling him off for this weekend is for not holding my hand when we are out somewhere and wanting to wander off, this drives me to distraction, I know he is trying to excerpt his Independence, but it terrifies me that he may get lost or wander away too far from me, and he is so sincere when he promises that he is going to hold my hand, and gullible fool that I am I always give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him, and every time he ends up saying "mummy I can walk by myself".  Is it just a thing that toddlers go through or something that needs to be nipped in the bud, I really don't know.

Smurf is not a naughty child , he is generally really good, so it must just be that mummy had much less patience this weekend, hopefully the rest of the week will be better and we will have a much more moan free week.

No comments:

Post a Comment