Thursday 18 June 2009

Little Star

I've been feeling really guilty recently about how much time I get to spend with my little man, the hours I work mean that he sleeps over at grannies house a couple of nights a week and I collect him in the morning and drop him off before I start work again.   0y hubby works away a bit so this also means that when he is away smurf has to stay at grannies.

My mum is fantastic and smurf loves her and my dad and sister to pieces, but its just not the same as putting him to bed every night and waking up with him in the morning.

So the last couple of weeks on one of the night when he would usually have to stay at grannies, my mum has come and stayed over at our house so he was in his own bed and mummy was getting him up in  the morning;  last night was one of those nights and I was reminded this morning just how wonderful being a mum is and how happy my smurf is by being woken up with him creeping into our bed, snuggling up and singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to me all the way through.  There are times when I could just eat him up and this morning was one of those times.

And I just think maybe we shouldn't let the guilt of having to work or choosing to work get in the way of enjoying every minute you get to spend with your child and making the most of them no matter how few they are.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely that you've got your mum to help out and it must be great for Smurf to spend time with granny. Glad you make the most of your time together too. Like you say 'enjoy every minute' x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're it! x
    http://sandycalico.blogspot.com/2009/06/its-all-about-me-meme.html

    ReplyDelete